REAL GOOD JUICE Co., (), is looking for an Executive Chef to join our team. This position will work at our production space 4 days a week in West Town and a day a week at our new space set to open in River North (Fall) as well as our other Brick and Mortar locations. This person will work alongside our production manager and head of logistics overseeing a team of 15 team members. On average, our facility processes 20,000 pounds of produce a week for juice and food demands for our 14 locations. Some heavy lifting, attention to detail and appreciation for locally sourced and organic product necessary.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary and production activities at both our production kitchen and at store unit level. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage the culinary budget.
- Develop recipes in accordance with consumer tastes, and nutritional needs.
- Recommend and create portion specifications and product specifications.
- Track food costs, develop recipes with the cost of goods in mind.
- Participate in menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Manage inventory at a central production facility (both dry goods and food items).
- Oversee both food production and ordering.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of stores to observe the quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Coordinate all training activities for the Kitchen, Production Kitchen, and other production and service employees
- Identify and analyze training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address any deficiencies.
- Assist Operation Managers as requested in areas such as food presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field.
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience as an executive chef.
- Experience in training, purchasing and managing budgets.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires the ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Expected to work 45-50 hours per week.
This position will be primarily based at our production facility with frequent training, inspections, and operations made at the unit level.
- $55k - $65k
- Health Benefits
- Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.